Wednesday 24 August 2011


Whilst in London I went to Paul A. Young's shop in Wardour Street. I'd read about good things about his chocolate on various blogs I follow and decided to buy the sea-salted caramel.
The presentation was simple yet elegant, come in a clear wrapping with a purple ribbon, which looked nice against the dark chocolate.



As you can see, the bar came in 4 chunks, and as it was a small bar, I took the executive decision not to share :) I ate a piece at a time over about 4 nights so I could savour the bar.  The pieces were a bit too big to eat in one go, so I broke them in half.   The chocolate snapped well and had a rich chocolate and caramelly smell.
 The chocolate was smooth and tasty but not bit bitter.  The sea-salt caramel was something I'd never tasted before, and had a very different taste to 'normal' caramel.  It reminded me of something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.  I should have written this closer to the time as I could have given a better review.  However, it was very tasty and I'd give it an 8/10 :)

On a side note I finally finished reading Lord of the Rings.  It was my second attempt at reading the books, and I found them much easier going this time round and I really enjoyed them, and I did shed a tear or two at the end when Froddo leaves for the grey havens...
Brilliantly written books and wonderful stories.  I'd always thought the films were better, but after completing the books I think I'd have to rate them on par with each other.

On to reading Double Cross by Malorie Blackman now.

Hope everyone's having a good week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment